Home > General forums > Player Q&A > Topic you're not logged : LOGIN

Posted by Rugged Man 

Posted September 01, 2010 08:27PM
1. got my 2nd city by sieging, shoudn't that give me the quest that asks to settle a new city?

2. I just beat a cavalry unit with my cavalry and it was an overrun, shouldn't that be heroic sweep? (This just activated, the servers lagging caused it to be 15 minutes after my battle was done)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2010 08:28PM by Rugged Man.
Posted September 02, 2010 09:30AM
Ok getting your second city by siege will not compelte the quest as you did not settle the city as it states in the quest.

Can you supply a picture of the battle report so we can better help you.

MrGrimm
HK Support The Man your Man could smell like. GM/Forum admin.
Posted September 02, 2010 04:51PM
I'm having the same issue with Heroic Sweep..
Posted September 02, 2010 07:08PM
@MrGrimm I'm having problem with "Heroic Sweep" too. Here is the pictures of my one report (sorry, cannot capture the whole report at once):

[www.flickr.com]
[www.flickr.com]
[www.flickr.com]

Please note that the quest is
"Select a zone you wish free, a hero with high attack value, and win a battle with at least one Overrun."

As you can see, I have one overrun. My hero has 24 attack. Is that "high" enough ?

Thanks a lot :)

(Edit for misspelling)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2010 07:09PM by BaBaBank.
Posted September 02, 2010 09:15PM
Rugged Man: if the quest didn't activate until after your battle (due to lag or whatever) I think you're out of luck.

BaBaBank: You actually have to overrun a stack without getting a bonus against it. Apparently there was a mistranslation. (This info should probably be stickied; that quest seems to confuse everyone.)

Nice Legendary victory though.
Posted September 02, 2010 09:45PM
@Ungor Thanks a lot for info. I will try that out :)
Posted September 03, 2010 02:19PM
Ungor said it nicely, nice victory, and his information is spot on.

MrGrimm
Posted September 06, 2010 12:49AM
Ungor
Rugged Man: if the quest didn't activate until after your battle (due to lag or whatever) I think you're out of luck.

BaBaBank: You actually have to overrun a stack without getting a bonus against it. Apparently there was a mistranslation. (This info should probably be stickied; that quest seems to confuse everyone.)

Nice Legendary victory though.

Do you have to not get ANY bonus? Or can you still sweep if you use enough troops such that the 50% bonus was not the bonus that gives you the overrun? i.e. for example, let's say you have 1k power and you have +200 from your hero and then another 500 from the right troop type but it's vs. an enemy stack with 100, does that still give you heroic sweep? Just wondering since that might affect my formations. Thanks.
Posted September 07, 2010 06:51PM
Bump, anyone know the answer to this?
Posted September 08, 2010 01:36PM
That depends on the battle it self really I would check on the battle itself using tools such as: jactari

MrGrimm
Posted September 08, 2010 02:37PM
You wrote:

You actually have to overrun a stack without getting a bonus against it

What does this mean?

This is the quest:

It is possible to sweep an enemy aside entirely--called an Overrun--if its total force value is lower than the sum of your various force bonuses. Even if the enemy unit is of the same troop type as yours, it is possible to achieve an Overrun with only your hero's bonuses. A hero with powerful attack bonuses will have an easier time causing an Overrun.

So what kind of overrun am i looking for?one where the bonus is due only to the hero attack bonus, and not the troop type (Shooters vs infantry for example)? or not due to having a huge stack?

I have tried this quest twice- have gotten overrun once in one battle,
twice in the second, but not scored this quest. no lag issues

Jharena
Posted September 09, 2010 02:40AM
You have to use the same type of unit such as infantry versus infantry for the overrun. So you have to get an overrun with out using the 50% bonus you get for exploiting weakness. The only bonuses you can use are the ones provided by your hero's attack power and class abilities such as the ones gained by the fighter skill set.

Posted September 13, 2010 08:19AM
[img714.imageshack.us]

That is an overrun of shooters over cavalry. I had the quest long before this battle was engaged.

The only thing left would be an overrun of the original stack of enemies, rather than an already diminished stack.
Posted September 13, 2010 08:34AM
roddyriot
[img714.imageshack.us]

That is an overrun of shooters over cavalry. I had the quest long before this battle was engaged.

The only thing left would be an overrun of the original stack of enemies, rather than an already diminished stack.

You do bring up an interesting point, I believe this is how I have always gotten past this quest.
I believe if your conscript were not disbanded you would have gotten this quest. Sometimes the quests are not what is best for your honor or victory, but the reward usually makes up for that (IMHO)

dany13
Princess of The Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich.

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."
~Emo Philips

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2010 08:36AM by dany13.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.